Choosing the right care setting for ourselves or a relative is not something which many of us have much experience of. There will be plenty of things for you to think about and this may feel a little overwhelming.
You may have had little or no information to help you make the right decisions. Whether itís for you or a loved one, arranging for the best quality of care in the right setting will be your priority.
I have the knowledge, experience and skills to help you understand the options available and the
ability to present these to you in a way that will enable you to make the right choices.
Helping you to better understand:
- The choice of care setting
- The care system and how it works
- The benefits that you may be entitled to and ensuring that you claim them
- Responsibilities of relatives and in particular duties under a Power of Attorney
- The role of your Local Authority and its responsibilities including understanding the care and financial assessments you are entitled to
- Your options with regard to your family home and guidance on the 12-week property disregard
- What to do if you feel that the care should be paid for by the NHS
- The care contract and important things to be aware of
- The financial choices you have in relation to paying for care.