Divorce and separation can be one of the most stressful times in your life. You are dealing with the emotional turmoil of this new chapter, as well as trying to understand the ramifications of any legal or financial issues that arise during the divorce process. The changes can be overwhelming to deal with, and those going through divorce & separation often find it difficult to discuss issues with family and friends, especially the impact on their finances. It is often difficult to be able to clearly consider and evaluate options that are put before you as part of the divorce settlement.
Alongside trying to adjust to your new independence, it is easy to overlook some of the financial ramifications that are discussed and agreed during the divorce process, through mediation and finally the courts. Financial decisions made at this time can have significant and far-reaching impact on your financial security now and in the future. It is extremely important to get the right advice based on your new personal goals for your future which encompasses your financial well-being.
Everyone’s situation is unique, so it is important to meet with a professional to help guide you through this most personal of situations, to gain clarity and understanding regarding your financial future.
I specialise in working with those going through this life-changing event, and can help specifically by:
- UNDERSTANDING: Helping you understand your current financial situation
- IMPACT: Understand the potential impact of issues discussed at mediation and how they may affect your future independent financial stability;
- COLLABORATION: Working alongside legal professionals to ensure a comprehensive financial outcome for you based on your needs and availability of financial resources:
- PLAN & PRIORITISE: Develop a financial plan which can help you prioritise issues during and after the divorce process has been finalised:
- FUTURE SUPPORT: Working with you in the future to help you manage your finances and help you towards achieving your new financial goals.
I offer a no obligation initial consultation meeting at a time and place to suit you. It is important to take control of the financial reins, and I can work with you to lead you safely into a new positive stage in your life, knowing your finances are taken care of.